Do you think your work is over? NO! Let me tell you that this is the time where real task starts for you and every one. Our article supposed to be seen/read by the people who need it, which means the right audience is what we need this time. Otherwise why did we do so much hard work to write? So there are numbers of things to do after publishing a new blog post to reach the right audience. Below are the things I came to know and now sharing with you:
1. Share On Social Media: This is the first step we do but doing it in right way is what matters. There are countless numbers of social media platforms available but only few of them carries weight. So we will talk about two excluding Facebook.
a) Google Plus+
Google plus is slightly different from other social media platforms. There is no limit of characters in your status update box compared to twitter and you can use it for your advantage by creating multiple useful teasers and leaving relevant links to your blog posts. Best way to reach the target audience is joining the communities on Google+ related to your blog niche. After joining them, do not try to promote your content for a few days and instead be active to help other members by contributing. The biggest benefit will be your "AUTHORITY". More and more members will start recognizing you the way you do help and will follow what ever you share. So after being active for few days, you can start promoting your content in an appropriate manner. Then sit back and watch the "TARGETED AUDIENCE" coming back to your blog.
Twitter is one of those social networks which continue carrying weight after several years of their existence. The biggest downfall for its users like you and me is "140 Characters Limit". So we need to be creative while sharing our blog post on twitter. First step we need to do is shorten our blog post url so that we can increase the character limit (use free services like or goo.gle for shortening Url). Second step is using #Hastags which are relevant and popuar in our blog niche. If you do not know the Popular #Hastags for your niche, then simply use http:/www.Hashtags.org to find them for you. You might not be knowing that there are number of people who do care and monitor certain #tags they are interested in. So overall chances are more that your tweets will be seen by a larger number of audience then your fans and re-tweeted. Another way to reach the targeted audience is doing this step by yourself. I mean search for the tweets related to your blog post and then reply with a teaser link. Chances are more that a loyal follower will also be added to your followers list.
2. Social Bookmarking Sites: Social bookmarking seems like no more useful to some people by now and I myself also feel like that but still I am stuck to two major social bookmarking sites which are StumbleUpon.com And Reddit.com. So the very reason behind using these two sites is "Instant Traffic" to my blog post I do share. I would recommend you to use them regularly. Mostly StumbleUpon is my favorite and sometimes I do receive up to 50+ visits within few hours of sharing it and it depends on the type of article (Note: Reddit is much strict and easily ban any trace of Spam)
3. Commenting On Other Blogs: This time you need to get ready for reading other similar blogs' posts and leaving valuable comments with teaser link. Do not spam and if someone has asked a question to the author and to which admin has not replied, just feel lucky and reply to that comment nicely with a teaser link back to your post. Never forget to tell the blog author about that you have also written a same blog post. (Note: Only comment on blogs under ur niche...)
4. Sending Newsletter: Do you use Email Marketing? Then you might have already a huge list of email subscribers, so add your article to your next newsletter. Use a brief summary of your article and then a teaser link back to your original article to read more. Though this drive a little traffic if your blog is still new, but a blog with about 10000 mail subscribers should be getting up to 500 PV from them...
5. Moderating And Replying To Comments: Now people use crap software to build backlinks by comments. So everyone receives a lot of "SPAM" comments in blog posts and if you do not moderate your comments, you are losing your loyal audience. Because when your visitors would scroll down to comment, they will see a long list of spam comments talking about moon where your article is about honey grin. So they would not give it a try even if they have a question to ask, they will leave and instead feel good to ask Google cry. Second step is replying to your comments. Never miss this chance as it helps us to build relationships with our readers. Give them "Royal Treatment" because they deserve. Though this apply to tech and health bloggers most, for entertainment bloggers, you may receive few comments, its not strange, its your niche..
Now its your turn to remind me if I left any other point. If you are new to this, then these steps may seem too much for you but believe me, sooner you will get familiar with them. After all, our hard work on writing needs to be utilized by the right audience. cool