(The events were held in Lagos – June 23rd, Abuja – June 25th and Port-Harcourt – June 29th.)
The 30 selected Nigerians will be hosted at the Presidency, Aso Rock, on a date to be announced soon to pitch their winning ideas.
During the pitch events, participating Nigerians presented ideas and solutions for Technology, Agriculture, Communications, Power, Fashion and Entertainment which revealed talents, skills and critical thinking.
In the selection process, each applicant was assessed by a minimum of four judges and some of the criteria used in assessing were:
Can this idea make money?
Has a revenue model been defined and is it realistic?
What is the value proposition to customers?
Is there a functional product?
Does it deliver a compelling and captivating user experience?
How resource- intensive is the idea? Is this idea scalable?
BELOW IS THE COMPLETE LIST OF THE 30 FINALISTS SELECTED FOR THE ASO VILLA DEMO DAY:
1. Chika Uwaze – Talent Base
2. Obidipe Oluwaseun – Mocapro
3. Tele Ogundipe – Egusi Soupe
4. Amaka Osita – Fuel Voucher.com.ng
5. Tolu Adeyanju – Red Bank
6. Ifedayo Oladapo – Grit Systems
7. Nkem Okocha – Mama Moni Limited
8. Ebuka Nwora – Etyres
9. Dami Olokesusi – Shuttlers NG
10. Amarachi Nwanamodo – Amagzy Global Ventures
11. Oladimeji Sofowora, Wole Ralph, Laolu Ojeniyi – One Medical
12. Mogbeyiteran Tosan – Blackswan
13. Angela Adelaja – Fresh Direct
14. Ahmed Sodiq – Micro Scale embedded
15. Dimgba Kalu – Projaro
16. Abubakar Garba & Abdul Samad Gorbin
17. Emmanuel Okena – Tracology
18. Lois Auta – Cedar’s seed
19. Kamaludeen Sabiu – Seamless system’
20. Peter Agada – Tiller Cyrus
21. Desmond Okoye – Doctor’s office
22. Uzuq Tim – Tembe.com.ng
23. Alifa Nicholas – Ajaoku.com
24. Roland Reagan & Edmond Adoku – Meditech
25. Akinola Solomon – Africa on the rise tech community
26. Alison Ukonu – Recycle points
27. Uche Ariolu – Foodstantly
28. Benson Godwin – Tuteria
29. Mina Ogbanga – Ascent GP
30. Odior Yole – GO CV
Senior Special Assistant-Media & Publicity
Office of the Vice President