Paul Pogba completes record-breaking £100million transfer to Manchester United... and club are set to officially announce him
- Paul Pogba's protracted return to Manchester United is finally agreed
- United and Juventus have formalised the £100million deal
- That breaks the current record held by £86m Gareth Bale
- Pogba will sign a five-year contract worth £290,000 a week
- United are set to officially confirm the deal
- The No 6 shirt is ready and waiting for Pogba at the club
After weeks of negotiations, United have agreed a huge fee for the Juventus star to complete Jose Mourinho's summer spending spree.
United are eager to parade their new signing - who completed a medical in Los Angeles and will wear the No 6 shirt - and are set to officially announce his arrival.
It means the player who left Old Trafford for next to nothing in 2012 returns as the stellar signing of the summer - in a world record transfer which smashes the British mark by an incredible £40m.
The deal for the 23-year-old France midfielder is done after Pogba's agent Mino Raiola held further talks with Juventus officials and lawyers in Turin on Thursday afternoon.
United and Juventus have agreed to pay a fee to Raiola with part of his 20 per cent bonus being accounted for in Pogba's overall deal.
It is understood, however, that Juventus will announce the fee at £84.3m on account of the tax they are due to pay on the transfer. The current world record transfer fee is the £86m paid by Real Madrid to Tottenham for Gareth Bale in 2013.
Pogba had a medical in Los Angeles after his recent holiday in Florida before signing a five-year contract worth £290,000 a week.