Ramadan is only a few days away and this year it will be a bigger challenge than before with the summer solstice and exams coinciding. That means there will be more daylight hours to fast through – meaning encouraging and helping others is essential. What better way to do so, than with some light messages of support, kind greetings, and inspirational quotes? Here are 11 of the best we’ve found.
The best Ramadan greetings
1) Ramadan Kareem!
(Noble (or Generous) Ramadan!)
2) Ramadan Mubarak! (Blessed Ramadan!)
3) Kul ‘am wa enta bi-khair! (May every year find you in good health!)
Four inspiring quotes
1) ‘Periodic fasting can help clear up the mind and strengthen the body and the spirit.’ – Ezra Taft Benson
2) ‘Fasting is, first and foremost, an exercise for identifying and managing adversity in all its forms. With faith, in full conscience, fasting calls women and men to an extra degree of self-awareness.’ – Tariq Ramadan
3) ‘Through prayer, fasting, and studying, God will answer.’ – Monica Johnson
4) ‘A fast is not a hunger strike. Fasting submits to God’s commands. A hunger strike makes God submit to our demands.’ – Edwin Louis Cole
And messages of support to send
1) As you fasts and offers prayers to Allah, may you find your peace and happiness. Have a peaceful and happy Ramadan!
2) As the auspicious month of Ramadan starts, may the crescent-shaped moon brighten your path toward enlightenment and may Allah bless you with peace and grace. Wishing you a Happy Ramadan!
3) That time of the year has come. A month to repent from our wrong-doings and sin. May all of us find peace on this Ramadan. Happy Ramadan Kareem!
4) As the candle light flame, Your life may always be happiness claim; As the mountain high, You move without sigh; like the white linen flair, Purity is always an affair; As sunshine creates morning glory, fragrance fills years as flory; with the immaculate eternal smile, attached to you mile after mile; All darkness is far away, As light is on its way; Wish all of you a very Happy Ramadan